feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Custom Search

Help Me Raise Money for a great cause

Labels: , , ,

The other day i was searching the net and found a blog about a family in Illinois. They have a brave little girl named Ashley who has Cystic Fibrosis. I don't know how much you know about CF but it is a horrible disease in the COPD group of diseases. As a soon to be Respiratory Therapist, this disease is something I am becoming familiar with. Anyway, The Schellenbergs blog got me to thinking. First, go check out the blog, then come on back. I'll wait...

...Ok, you're back. I'll move on.

As part of my last semester I have to do some kind of community project. From reading their blog and others devoted to people living with CF, I decided to start a team to do the CF walk. The closest one to me is in Fayetteville on April 25th. I signed up for a team and sent out some invitations to prospective team members. I even set lofty fund raising goals of $1,500 for the team and $500 for myself. Now we can get down to business.

You know I'm gonna hit you up. If you are in the central NC area and would like to participate and join my team, then that's great. I doubt there are too many of you because I don't think I have a great amount of local readers. You can donate though. Any donation is greatly appreciated. Even a buck. At the bottom I'll place a link to my page where you can donate with a credit card. If you would prefer donating with Paypal then just leave me a comment or email me and I will help you do that.





Bookmark and Share
4 comments:
gravatar
Leslie said...
January 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Wow! Thank you so much for reading about our precious daughter Ashley and her battle/fight with CF. I am glad you left a comment so I could check out your blog. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for raising support for CF! That is so awesome! I'm sure you will be blessed by the CF walk. It's always a fun and encouraging time for us. You and your friends and family that help by donating to the CF Foundation are helping my daughter and others with this terrible disease to hopefully live longer. It is our prayer that one day CF will stand for CURE FOUND!!

gravatar
Leslie said...
January 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

I just thought of something else. If you want your readers to read more about Ashley and how she was diagnosed you can take them directly to this blog entry by going to this- http://schellenbergs3as.blogspot.com/2008/04/ashleys-story.html

I also have labels down the side so they can click on cystic fibrosis to just read about my blogs that pertain to CF. I decided to make my blog a family blog and not just about Ashley's disease. While it is a very big part of our life it is certainly not the only part of our life. Thanks again for helping to get the word out and more awareness about CF and for others to learn more about it.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
January 20, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

Thank you for joining our fight to find a cure for CF! My daughter, Reilly is 5 and has CF. The Great Strides walk is such an important event, and raises so much money for research, so that we can find our cure.

I found your blog through the Schellenbergs site. Great job, keep it up, and I will bechecking out your progress on raising money for the walk! THANK YOU!

P.S. I'm in Eastern NC, so not that far away - our funds raised for the walk in our area is allotted to the Carolinas CF Chapter, as well. :o)

gravatar
Kelli said...
January 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Thank you for your work to raise awareness and money for the CFF. We are so hopeful that with your help our daughter will live a long and happy life!

Post a Comment