feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Custom Search

Another new friend

Labels: ,


Thursday I had a crazy day at clinicals. I didn't get to eat breakfast or lunch. I did get to see a couple of procedures that I had never seem before. I saw a transesophageal echo which was neat. You could actually see the heart. I also saw a bronchoalveolar lavage done without a bronchoscope. It was done to clean out the lungs of a patient who had aspirated grits. I'm getting off the subject though.

When I got home I had an email from Carolyn, the mom blogger of A Thousand Pictures. "
Thanks for all you are doing for cf!!". Naturally I went to check out her blog. She is the mom of 3 who lives in Austin, Texas (I'm jealous) and is going to nursing school. Her 2 oldest boys, Kyler and Branson, have CF but from the pictures on the blog, it doesn't slow them down. I saw pictures of them doing all kinds of stuff like roller skating. I posted this one because they are at a UT baseball game. I'm definitely jealous because I love sports and would love to go to a UT game myself.

Go on over to A Thousand Pictures and check out her blog. Don't forget that you can do your part to help find a cure for CF by donating to the Great Strides walk.




Bookmark and Share
6 comments:
gravatar
Carolyn said...
January 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

I love the picture you picked out!! Thanks again for doing this and for showing pictures of my kids!! All the pictures of all the kids you have put on your blog have been so cute!! Hope you are having a good weekend!

gravatar
Marcus said...
January 25, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Thank you for the kind words. It is an awesome picture. It definitely looks like you guys have a lot of fun. We used to go to a very, very small par 3 golf course off of riverside drive somewhere. It was a lot of fun

gravatar
Carolyn said...
January 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

I am not familiar with that golf course. Did you ever play at Crystal Falls Golf course off of Crystal Falls parkway? We live on that golf course. It is a pretty wild course with lots of hills!

gravatar
Marcus said...
January 26, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

no, never played there. This wasn't really a golf course though. It was about 2 acres total with 9 tiny par 3 holes. The longest was 60-70 yards. It was a lot of fun

gravatar
Carolyn said...
January 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Oh ok, I would probably like that course then...may actually have a shot at being good. Lol!

gravatar
Somer Love said...
January 27, 2009 at 2:57 AM  

Good luck with your Great Strides walk I can't wait to see how it turns out! Thanks for helping CF stand for CURE FOUND!!
Until There's a Cure,
Somer Love

Post a Comment