feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Custom Search

clinical papers

Labels: ,

One of the harder things about the clinicals is the paperwork we have to do each day.
We have to find a patient who's on a ventilator and do a bunch of paperwork on them.
It's actually only 2 papers, front and back. I thought I'd share them with you here.

This is the front page where we do the vent check, get an ABG, Chest X-ray, lab work, and patient assessment.


This is the back page. We have to calculate ideal body weight, anion gap, and a bunch of other formulas. You can see that in the above image.


And here is why the formulas are hard. Because we have to not use calculators and we have to show our math. It's crazy but definitely helpful.



Bookmark and Share
1 comments:
gravatar
Katey said...
January 23, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

wow! I know clinical paperwork is such fun :) I'm not studying to be an RT...but do have to do clinical paperwork. And I'm just so thrilled when I have to complete paperwork! Oh..and I've been on the vent plenty of times too..so i've seen these (similar) forms before :)

All my blog readers keep commenting about your blog..so I thought I would check it out. I look forward to following it, and thanks again for your support of CF. RT's are so important in our lives...and over the past 24 yrs..I've formed some close relationships with many! Good luck with your studies!!

Post a Comment