feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Custom Search

A Great Strides Idea

Labels: , ,

I was at clinicals this weekend and someone was selling raffle tickets for their Relay for Life team. That got me thinking. I should have thought of it before because wedo raffles all the time at school. I want to raffle something for my Great Strides team. I set a personal goal of 500 bucks and am at 180 now. I haven't donated any personally yet but I will. I figured I would donatelast when I got closer to the goal. That leaves me at something like 380 left to raise.

I don't what to raffle. I thought about a blu-ray player. Those are about 200 bucks so I would need to sell about 300-400 tickets to make a substantial donation.Thats a lot of selling and I just don'tknow if I am up th it. The lady for Relay for Life was raffling a gas card. Those are always good. I could get a 50 dollar one. Then I would only need to sell 100-200 tickets to make a good donation.

What do you think. I know I have a lot of awesome readers who have a lot more experience raising money for Great Strides than I do. Please chime in with comments on what to raffle. Thanks.



Bookmark and Share
5 comments:
gravatar
Carolyn said...
February 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

The gas card sounds good or maybe you could have a couple of cards like best buy, gas card, Outback Steak house, ect. The one thing I have learned with trying to raise money for cf is you have to just come out and ask people if they want to donate to the walk for cf. I always add like 1 or 2 bucks. Then they don't feel obligated to donate their left arm. LOL! I am not real good at asking for money but saying only a few dollars helps break the tension. But I do think the raffle is a great idea!! Maybe you could also go to one of those places and see if they will donate the gift card to raffle so you won't be out of the money for that. Anyway good luck!! Hope you make your goal!!

gravatar
Marcus said...
February 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Hey Carolyn, that is a good idea. We just raffled off a basket at school with BP, Outback, and Wal-Mart gift cards.I'll probably have to wait a month or 2 so people don't think I am continuously hitting them up.

gravatar
Christy said...
February 20, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

Love the gift card idea. I'm all about gift cards!!! Even an I tunes gift card would be great. Teenagers eat those up.. and love to buy raffle tickets.

gravatar
Katey said...
February 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

That sounds like a good idea!! And like Christy..I'm all about Gift Cards...love em!!

So...question: now that you know you want to work in the NICU....are you going to stay local or apply for jobs elsewhere?

Oh...and when is the deadline for your camera raffle thingie???

gravatar
Somer Love said...
February 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

You should talk to some local business and see what you can get donated.

Group them together... Like if you get a dinner donated and a play. Like a date night or something then hang up flyers at your school people are always looking for great date ideas

Post a Comment