feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Custom Search

First Day on the new job

Labels: , ,

Well, I started my first day on the new job today. I am officially not a secretary in the emergency department. I am now a Respiratory Care Assistant. That is pretty much the job we are eligible for once we complete the first year of the program. I was pretty much shadowing a couple of therapists today but I did learn the scope of what I'm allowed to do. I can give breathing treatments, O2 checks, and suctioning. I did suction a trach patient today. There are a few things I can't do though. I can't do ABG's unless there is another therapist there, critical care (vent patients), and the emergency room assignment. I did go from about 10 bucks an hour to about 13 bucks an hour. When I'm done training I should get up to the 24 hours a week I had before. I can't wait to tell you more about the job. I'll try to get a picture in my new, all black scrubs for you tomorrow.



Bookmark and Share
2 comments:
gravatar
Diana Lyn said...
October 14, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

Congrats! That's awesome. I know that RT students here don't start working until around April or May of spring semester because that's when the 2nd years transition into RCP positions, then the first years snatch up the respiratory aide/equipment tech positions. So, I can't wait!

gravatar
Diana Lyn said...
October 14, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Oh man, when my friend was my therapist and I was her patient, she said, "you're going to blow into the incentive spirometer" and in my mind I was thinking, "no!" lol.

Post a Comment